Up to $100,000 to launch and scale your startup
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Have a high-impact startup idea or interest in joining the founding team of one?
With Government of Canada funding through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), we've partnered with innovation leaders from across southern Ontario to bring high-impact startups and founders the critical capital they need to launch their businesses.
But with AC:Studio, we’re going beyond the status quo.
The AC:Studio program was designed to support high-potential startup founders, whether they have an existing business idea or they are looking for their next startup adventure. This hybrid accelerator/venture studio program combines the best of our award-winning AC:Incubate program with a venture studio model that funds high-impact startups, matches great ideas with talented founders, and delivers:
- Up to $100,000 in seed funding grants for startups and small business
- One-to-one mentorship with our team of in-house and specialist mentors
- Sales training from pros like Uvaro to build a team that delivers
- Tactical support in product development, marketing, UI, and UX from industry experts and freelancers through partnerships with experienced startup builders at SnapPea and Conestoga College's Gig Lab
- In-kind hours with industry experts like PWC, Bereskin & Parr, and Gowlings WLG
- Access to market research, investment intelligence, and lead generation reports
How it works
Applications for the program are now closed.
You can apply as an existing startup, a serial founder, or an individual with an idea who is looking to be matched with a founding team.
Through the summer of 2022, we will match talented founders to new business ideas and interview existing startups to assess their fit for the program.
This application period is the only scheduled intake into the program!
In September, we will welcome 100 startups to the program to receive their first $20,000 in grant funding.
In May of 2023, companies will pitch to compete for 50 spots in phase 2 of the program and an additional $30,000 in funding.
In May of 2024, companies will pitch to compete for 25 spots in the final stage of the program and an additional $50,000 in grant funding.
Applications are now closed.
Applications for the first cohort of AC:Studio are now closed. Sign-up below for updates on the program and to be notified when applications open for Cohort 2.